You may have your reasons for upgrading or replacing your siding. It may have aged out, you may want more energy-efficiency, or you simply want a change in its looks. There are a lot of siding options available on the market today, but which one is perfect for your budget?
In today’s post, your local siding and storm damage repair services contractor, Turner Home Improvement, enumerates the best siding options for every budget.
Here are some entry-level options that won’t break the bank but will get the job done:
- Metal – Metal siding is a budget-friendly and cost-effective option you can consider. It’s proven to be resistant to fire, insects, and rot, and is low-maintenance. One downside is that it’s prone to scratching and denting.
- Vinyl – Vinyl siding is the most economical option on this list. It’s strong and requires virtually no maintenance. However, the finishes on vinyl siding don’t look as realistic as other siding materials.
- Engineered Wood – One of the newest siding materials on the market, engineered wood is made of wood fiber of resin, giving you a wooden finish at a lower price.
If you have an adequate budget for your siding replacement job, here are some of your options:
- Wood – It’s one of the most popular siding options. It’s beautiful, versatile, and easy to work with. However, some of its downsides are that it requires more maintenance and is vulnerable to insects.
- Stucco – Stucco siding is known for its weather and moisture-resistant properties. It also offers great durability, with low maintenance at an affordable price. However, they require the services of a professional to install.
- Fiber Cement – Fiber cement siding is a mixture of cellulose, sand, and cement, making it very durable. It’s also resistant to rot, fire, and insect infestation. However, like stucco siding, you’ll need the assistance of a professional installer for the best results.
Top of the Line Options
These are the best options that money can buy and you won’t go wrong with any material that you choose.
- Brick – Brick siding is durable, flame and insect-resistant, and virtually maintenance-free. You can get them in a variety of colors, sizes, and textures. It gives your home a timeless look for the years to come.
- Synthetic Stucco – Compared to regular stucco, it is more crack-resistant and energy-efficient. However, they aren’t ideal for wet environments since they’re susceptible to water damage.
- Synthetic Stone – This siding material is manufactured to appear like real stone without the additional weight. It’s resistant to various elements, needs little maintenance, and is very easy to install.
After you have chosen your desired siding material, make sure that it’s a great fit for your home in terms of energy-efficiency, durability, and aesthetic appeal.
Looking for “roofing and siding contractors near me”? Trust in Turner Home Improvement Contractors! We have been in the roofing business since 1955. We treat our clients like we would our own family. Call us at (860) 633-1400 or fill out our contact form for a FREE estimate! We serve customers in the Marlborough area and the rest of CT!